You are a Princess when your Father is King of Kings!! :)

"May today there be peace within you. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and in others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." -Author unknown

Monday, August 15, 2011

You are Invited to the 1st ever Ripple Retreat!

Saturday September 17, 2011

The ripple effect is a term used to describe a situation where, like the ever expanding ripples across water when an object is dropped into it, an effect from an initial state can be followed outwards incrementally.

Truth be told, I wrote everything down from this ‘vision’ (at 3am when it came to me- that is a whole other story) but hesitated on where to even begin.  It seemed SOOO distant to me and initially I thought this would be something to take place years down the road.  Well, clearly, He had other plans and keeps bringing this back up and has confirmed WE, the Princess Posse, Princess Pack, and who ever else we care to invite, are to do this right now.  Strike while the iron is hot.  Be obedient and follow Him.

You see....my vision, was at this elaborate camp with all kinds of multimedia resources etc.  Since, we aren't quite there yet- He has since reminded me we already have so many resources right at our fingertips and are to get this party started; utilizing what He has already blessed us with.  I mean what else do we need besides- girlfriends, food, an i-Pod player, perhaps even a guest singer, our bibles, and a place to worship??  CHECK CHECK CHECK!

If you are into the behind the scences God stop story, read on.  If you only want to know the details, scroll down to the itinerary and RSVP link.

This summer, shortly after my trip to Colombia I did a quick 3 day fast.  I was searching for some direction in what God was calling me to do with some things he laid on my heart.  Well ask and you shall receive...b/c I received a vision, very clearly and very detailed, on one aspect of what He wanted US to do.
This vision was for a women's retreat to gather for fellowship, growth in the word, adequate prayer time, individually and as a group, and of course FREE FOOD FOR YOU! .*wink*  This doxology (an outpouring of praise, worship and honor to God) retreat will be quite simple but life changing.  At the time I received this vision, I had no idea what to name the retreat, it was a last priority.  However, he did keep putting the word ripple on my mind.  He secured and patented the name in my mind when I was in Florida for a national work meeting.  I was sitting on the patio to our room, atop the 22nd floor, and saw a little fish jump out of the water.  As it dove back into the water, it created such a HUGE ripple- looking like this:
It wouldn’t have been that big of a deal, but I knew He had me sitting there at that moment to remind me “Remember me?  Remember this mission I put you on?  Don’t forget!”  So I prayed for confirmation right there and then, asking God to confirm if He was speaking to me about the ‘ripple retreat’ He had laid on my heart.  I kid you not, within 2 minutes there were 3 people out swimming in the ocean…even though it was only 7am.  Ever single person had a huge ripple around them…it was so bold and obvious I called Nikki (my roommate) out to check it out and told her the story and said you are my witness I am not making this up!  It was a special moment Nikki was able to witness with me, as not only is she one of my best friends & colleagues, she is also a Princess Sister so this is also her Mission!  I quickly reached out to a few warriors and asked for prayers, guidance, ideas and such.  God was working quickly, quicker than I could even keep up!

As I processed this ‘calling’ over the next week, it sunk in even more that the ripple effect was exactly how He sees us from above.  One little drop (person) can make such a big effect.  This is not rocket science, I/you breathe life into one person, they then breathe life into another, that person to another- the ripple continues on.
The ocean is so big, bigger than we can even see w/ the naked eye.  Yet, from God’s view, or in this case- my view from atop 22 floors…He/we get the opportunity to sees all of the ripples extending out into the untouched waters that one person (or fish-LOL) can make.  Is it ironic that the fish is the Christian symbol?  Just sayin….



He wants us, His princesses, to have life breathed into us, so we can breathe into other people.  Keeping this ripple effect going out in multiple ways….
                           

Each person, creating ripples at their own pace, but spreading quickly with out doing much.  Just making that one drop, and letting him take care of the rest. 

So here is the agenda, read on but please RSVP with an open heart, open mind and know If you are supposed to be at this event- He will put it on your heart.  He will provide daycare, a morning off work, and a life forever changed full of His blessings.  I know, b/c He told me so :-) 


730am-8am  Arrival & Individual Prayer time

Arrive at the Summit Park on Canton Center
We will be meeting in North Pavillion 1
Directions:
From Canton Center Rd. turn on to

Heritage Park Dr
.  Proceed past the fire station.  Take the 2nd left into the parking lot by the Pavillions w/ picnic tables near the soccer fields.
**please be on time** Yes, I will have coffee- there is a reason for starting so early ;)
We will begin with individual prayer time
8am-815am  Breakfast & Fellowship
815am-830am Praise & Worship 1.0
With guest performers…trust me, you don’t want to miss this!
830am-845am  Intercessory Group Prayer –
don’t worry if you are unsure what this is, all you need to do is show up.  Start thinking about if you have any mountains in your life that we need to tell to MOVE!
845-930am Large Group Material/Discussion
930-945am  break
945-10am Guided Meditation

We will learn 2 different ways to meditate:
A) Meditating on scripture
B) Meditating by silencing the mind
(Listen, if I can do it, Type A, non-stop go go go....anyone can do it!)
10am- 1030am 
Yoga for Christians
A peaceful heart leads to healthy body. -Proverbs14:30
Lets STRETCH our way to health!
 *I know what you are thinking....is she for real?  Yes, I am for real.  This retreat is Mind, BODY, And Soul.  This is the 'body' part.  Now let me put the disclaimers:
-it will be Christian yoga lead by a certified yoga instructor
-there will be no chanting or other non-Christian things associated w/ stereotypical yoga.  I have been doing athletic yoga for 8 months and have found it as a way to Praise God and keep my body in tune.  During the Triathlon training I recently completed, I learned there is actually something called "Christian Yoga" who woulda thunk?!
-if you are thinking you are to uncoordinated to do yoga, say a prayer and come anyway- HA.  I promise, anyone can do this, it will be basic.
-if you are thinking there is no way you are physically able to get in a yoga pose, I tell you to come anyway.  This is only 30 minutes and you can just watch if you are physically unable however, this will be VERY beginner style yoga and nothing to outrageous.  I promise you will be able to do most of it even if you have back, hip, knee etc problems.


1030am-1045am Team Prayer in Two’s
*you will find out more the day of
1045am-11am Praise & Worship 2.0
11am-12pm  Lunch Provided and Group Philanthropy project art & craft
12pm dismissal…& lives forever changed J
*this itinerary is tentative.  I trust the Lord will guide our time together and if we need to spend less/more time on one specific area we will do so.
  •   What do you need to bring?
My hope is that everyone can bring 1 friend (or more), A Princess Sister -aka a female friend that is our sister in Christ. This specific retreat is for believers.  We love our seeker friends, but that is for a different time and place. Also bring an open heart, mind and of course your bible.
  • What do I wear? 
Please wear gym/comfy/stretchable clothes.  *no jeans or skirts.  perfect example is yoga/running pants/capris/shorts and a t-shirt/tank-top or light jacket depending on weather.

  •    What do you need to do?
RSVP  here
**Please indicate on this eVite website how many guest you are bringing.  **Note you can edit/update your RSVP guest count anytime you want


No comments:

Post a Comment