You are a Princess when your Father is King of Kings!! :)

"May today there be peace within you. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and in others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us." -Author unknown

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days of Infusing Faith Into Your home via modeling

My son turned 8 months old today.  He was welcome on this birthday with nothing other than CROUP!  This nasty bug is sure taking a tole on my local community and I'm fleeing it out of my house...in the name of Jesus!  HA!  So, needless to say the past few days have been challenging on him, and me!  Poor little bud is also cutting another tooth and is ticked off!  I don't blame him, those little gums are more swollen than Cabrerra after getting beamed with a fast ball!
By the way....
Root Root Root for the home team...as they are in the playoffs WOOT WOOT!



So, if you were following along on this 31 day journey you may have noticed I skipped a few days.  Well, life happens and my family always comes first.  Thanks for joining us back up again! :)
Moving right along...






I have a simple but not always easy approach for you today - MODELING.  

You can apply this to anyone in your home- especially your children but also your spouse.

So far we have discussed prayer, faith based projects & creating a dynamic home environment

Modeling- what does it mean to you?  To me, it means walking the walk and not just talking the talk

If you find that you feel you are already doing life pretty well but wonder why it is not transparent in your own home it may be time to just pray over it and reevaluate your walk.  If you head out the door for bible study, leave there feeling refreshed and ready for life but then as soon as you walk in the door at home notice a pile of clothes, a child up past bed time AND eating ice cream and a husband laid out on the couch with his bare feet all over the fresh laundry you did earlier that day watching football....how do you react?  If you are like many of us you may just let that serotonin get the best of you and freak the heck out.... which means you may not be walking the walk to the best of your ability.  If you do freak the heck out- don't hang your head low just yet, go ahead and apologize to all involved for your reaction and dare I even challenge you to share with them what you learned at bible study that had you all fired up on life 12 minutes prior?  Don't choose the option to steam walk upstairs full of rage, lock the bedroom door, throw on your sweat pants, flick the TV On HGTV and call it a night.  Trust me....been there, done that too.  I'm a work in progress.  I can tell you, that MOST of the time I do come home feeling recharged and full of life and the very first person I can't wait to share what I learned with is my husband.  He often stares with a serious face and as I ramble I wonder "is he listening?"  "does he even care?"  "will he think I'm too- Jesusy?" ...but I just keep going.  I share every detail (most of the time).  << For the record, double whammy for the teaching opportunity and the opportunity to model what I have learned.
I have found over the years that he DOES listen, he doesn't (always) think I'm crazy, and he actually enjoys being a part of it all.

I have no doubt that if you asked anyone in my household today- if I walk the walk, they will tell you without hesitation YES.  BUT (I once heard you should never start a sentence with "But"....but what else would I say?!)  I can also tell you that no one knows me as well as my husband and he and I communicate clearly when we mess up.  That will always happen.  When we have that understanding up front it clears up a whole lot of unmet expectations.  Amen?!

So there is your simple ...but not always easy....tip for today.  Just simply model what you learn as you grow in your faith journey.

Be blessed today, friends!

1 comment: